Monday, June 3, 2013

The Laughter of Little...Clowns.

So, I have a strange obsession, and I am addressing it today. My topic is!


HAUNTED CARNIVALS!

I love haunted carnivals. If I could build a haunted house based solely on creepy carnival things, I would be vastly happy. There's something so fantastic about the maniacal laugh of a clown and the giggle of an unseen impish carny to the backdrop of broken down, out of beat old carnival music. I can't get enough of it.

It also makes me happy to find people who have done this style of haunt right! Because it's a style that's very easy to screw up--as in, over acting...too much makeup...cheesy, cliche props...or props that are too obviously homemade. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few people who have done it right!

Oh, and to add to the mood, here's some music.

Alright, the picture above came from this forum, on which was posted a great carnival and the carnies themselves! VIOLA!

This is a haunt called Carnival of Risk. It's so well done, it kind of makes me want to cry. I love the decor of the booths, not to mention the makeup and characters. In my opinion, this haunt is perfectly executed in this style. I need to travel there!

Here's another fun one! It's called Psycho Circus, which is a name that definitely promises a good time. I'm pretty sure a lot of it is homemade, which is really impressive because the props aren't bad! The video is a bit long, but it's fun to watch.

Here are a few cool props: the tightrope bike, Scare Factory clowns, and a whole page of neat...stuff!

So, I guess that'll be all for now. I hope I've piqued your interest, at least! Have a very scary day!

No comments:

Post a Comment