Friday, January 29, 2016

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!

Greetings, dear spooky people.

Last week, I shared with you some sweet costume ideas for Lydia Deetz of Beetlejuice; and I've been enjoying keeping with female/male themes biweekly...so--you guessed it-- tonight, I am covering The Juice himself! He's such a fun character to be for a night, as he loves to party! However, as a side note, please do remember to be a respectful Beetlejuice unless you want to lose friends. He can be a dick.

Anyway! I strangely had a hard time finding tutorials on how to make that infamous striped suit; so I will do my best to give ideas and inspiration!


b2_Upload



























This cosplayer did an incredible job at getting that Juicey essence we all love so much. Check out the link in the photo to see more of his Beetlejuice look, as well as his Edward Scissorhands creation!


b1_Upload

Based purely on observation, my best educational guess on how to create this look is to stroll on down to your local thrift store and find an old, beat-up suit in either black or white.

At this juncture, you could take a few different routes. Personally, I would get out my acrylics and paint the stripes on; however I'm sure duct tape would work great for a quick fix! I choose acrylics because they tend to leave a more distressed look to the cloth once everything's dry; however, duct tape provides removability (in case you're planning a Slender Man cosplay next time around) and nice, clean lines.

Throw on a white shirt, black tie, and black combat boots, and you've got it!


IT'S SHOWTIME!




See you all tomorrow, and...
STAY SPOOKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment