Monday, January 4, 2016

Additions For The Creepy Playlist

Happy Monday, sweet Spooks!

I had a completely different blog planned out until I scrolled on Facebook this morning and stumbled across this article from Bloody-Disgusting! It piqued my interest, as my mind was already on music; and I love finding good creepy stuff that's outside of the Halloween genre. Upon seeing Radiohead mentioned, my boyfriend looked over and started to talk to me about other creepy music he's found and would either add to the list or put in his own. Here are the two he mentioned:

Tomb of Ligiea by Team Sleep


Chill, but also super spooky. Team Sleep's music is generally creepy, actually. I may have to binge to find some of my favorites!


Ghosts by David Thomas and Two Pale Boys


This song is really great for creepy ambiance.


As BF showed me these songs, a few popped into my head:

Horse Latitudes by The Doors


This one gives me the chills nearly every time. And I freaking love The Doors.


Stubborn Love by The Lumineers


I know this one may seem out of place; but, believe it or not, this song creeped the hell out of me the first few times I heard it (it was mostly the weird moans in the chorus that would barely find my ears in the middle of the night when I used to sleep with a radio on). I admit, it may have been a circumstantial creep; but that doesn't keep this song from coming to mind whenever I think 'creepy'.


Lucifer's Chorale by HIM


This is another one that's awesome for ambiance; and it kind of has a different type of spookiness to it. The difference is hard to explain in words, at least for me; so give it a listen to see what I mean.


As mentioned above, I love finding spooky music outside of the Halloween/Horror genre. I feel it helps bridge the gap between that one happy month and the rest of the year (you know, while we're all prepping for that one happy month). It also helps blend goofy Halloween songs into a playlist without their sticking out like sore thumbs whenever they come up because that ambiance has been set.
So, fellow creepster, if you have any recommendations to add to our list, please comment and let me know! I love finding new music!

May your Monday continue to be musical and creepy (hopefully both)! STAY SPOOKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment