Friday, January 8, 2016

The Bride

Greetings, Creeps! It's time to play dress up, again, because it's Friday! Today, I'm featuring my absolute favorite movie "monster": Bride of Frankenstein! (Cue rolling thunder in the background.)




I'd like to eventually live in a climate that allows me to wear this outfit of hers out on Halloween night. Unfortunately, it's usually pretty stinking cold here by the time the end of October has arrived. This picture, however, is a great reference for her stitches...and it's just adorable!




My best option is going with the floor-length dress that she wears while becoming reanimated, which is a great, warm option for freezing Utah! The above photo is from a forum (follow link in photo) thread discussing the BoF costume. The thread includes instructions on how to make a human sized version of this costume--see example below!


Bride of Frankenstein costume tutorial-thriller-bride.jpg

Here's a photo of a completed look of the drapey Bride. Really well done, if you ask me!




And, just for fun, an older BoF children's costume, mask included. I kind of want it to wear while creating chaos, bonus points if it doesn't fit well at all.

The most challenging part of a Bride of Frankenstein costume is figuring out how to get your hair to deny all laws of physics and do the thing. Luckily, I was able to find a pretty simple tutorial on how to make it work in a stable, secure way. Thank god for YouTube.


This tutorial was brought to you by Alchemy Makeup Artistry.


I'll have to get some good Frankie ideas up soon to complete the set! Happy haunting, friends; and STAY SPOOKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment