Monday, September 17, 2012

The Moonlight Margarita

I'm going to post an update soon on my outdoor decorating. I've been stocking up on everything I can get my hands on (or, rather, wallet on). I'm pretty happy with the haul I've got, so far, and have managed to pay very little (thank you, Dollar General!). I will surely get pictures up as soon as possible on my progress.

Anyway, onto my topic of the day...week...whenever: the Moonlight Margarita! If you've ever watched the movie Practical Magic, you would know what this is. I could live off of Practical Magic = definitely one of my favorites! It's a fantastically mild Halloween movie--very family friendly...for the most part. Anyway, I've found a website that has figured out the golden ratios that bring together the blessed Moonlight Margarita. I'm a weekend drinker and haven't had the chance to try this out, yet (don't quite have the supplies, yet). I intend to try it ASAP! Here is the source where I found the recipe. This is a fun website filled with fun Halloween things. They're also obvious Practical Magic fans (they've featured the bit of the movie where the witches drink the Moonlight Margarita). I'll post the recipe here, but it can also be found on that link (obviously):

Midnight Margaritas Recipe

  • Serves: 4
  • Prep Time: 5 mins
  • Total Time: 8 mins

Ingredients

  • 6oz tequila
  • 2oz triple sec (ideally Cointreau)
  • 4oz lime juice (from freshly squeezed limes)
  • Ice (optional)
  • Salt and 4 lime wedges (garnish)

Instructions

1. Cut a lime into wedges and run one around the rims of your glasses. Dip each rim into salt to coat. Chill in the fridge until needed
2. Roll your limes on a kitchen surface (you'll get more juice this way) then cut and squeeze into a container until you have 4oz
3. Put the tequila, triple sec or Cointreau and lime juice into a blender (plus ice if you want it extra chilled) and whizz until mixed and slushy!
4. Pour into glasses, add a lime wedge to each rim and serve


They also list a different way to do it, but I'll let you visit the page if you're curious. :) Happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment