Friday, February 5, 2016

Slayer

Hello, everyone! How is your Friday evening?

Every Thursday evening, I have a moment in which I realize I haven't even thought of which character to highlight for Attire Fridays, here at Widower's Way. I procrastinate with the best (or worst, depending on how you look at it). I've been incredibly lucky since this started, however, because it seems like there's always a new, fun, and interesting character at the surface of my psyche ready to volunteer the moment I ask.

Last night, Buffy was the name that echoed in the dark halls of my mind when I wondered who to cover today; so I'm gladly obliging! I freaking love Buffy!

For starters, her fashion sense may be a little outdated, now; but its hard lines, color blocks, and minimal jewelry really speaks to my soul. She dressed practically--to kick ass--and smartly--to bring the boys to the yard and all that.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer


I feel that the idea behind these outfits and the materials used for them was to balance the feminine and masculine qualities that Buffy balanced so well, herself.


The Quintessential 90s Teen Slayer Outfit

For a super tough lady, Buffy could sure rock a miniskirt. All those ass-kicking muscles getting shown off!
Follow the link in the photo for a full list of various Buffy outfits!


Here is one Youtuber's rendition of the Buffy look. Super simple makeup and clothes you'll probably find at the back of your closet (you know, because they are kinda dated...):



Brought to you by MsDandelionDreamer!

And if you're wanting to actually do some ass kicking while dressed as Buffy, here's how to make your weapon:



Well, maybe not that one, but I enjoyed watching the process, at least.


Have a spooky, safe weekend! See you tomorrow!
STAY SPOOKY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment