Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Spooky Tidbits From The Airwaves--Christmas Edition

What's happening today in the horror/horror-associated world? Well, it's still Christmas week, so there's a wealth of Christmas-themed gore, goodies, and tidbits!


Amazing Ash vs Evil Dead Gingerbread House Is the Grooviest Reason for the Season

My first find of the morning was this awesome gingerbread house that was made based off the characters and scenes from Evil Dead. As you can see, there's even a little ginger Ash holding up some bloody mass of human innard and probably about to say it's, "Groovy." For the full article and more photos of this awesome, edible home, click the above picture.




Nina Forever | via Epic Pictures

Pop the corn, gather the Christmas candies around you, grab a nice warm cup of coffee and a few blankets; this next one is for those of you experiencing these ridiculous winter storms and are stuck inside due to unreasonable temps: MOVIES! Bloody-Disgusting.com has compiled a couple of movie lists to help remedy seasonal boredom (and frustration). The link I'm sharing here is Part 2 of this list; follow the link in the picture to find their full list as well as last week's Part 1!




2

My favorite blog (especially around Halloween time!), DinoDrac, posted this morning about some neat ornaments that may prove to be a blast from the past for some. I was barely too young in '92 to care about anything outside of the vast Barbie collection I longed for so much; and I don't think they gave these out in the region I grew up. However, like many of the old (er) collectables that DinoDrac shares, it's fascinating to read about all the little bits of culture that we've forgotten from 'way back when' (I feel weird calling stuff from the '90s old because that means I'm old...). So, here's a nice piece of Christmas nostalgia. Where were you in '92? Follow the link in the picture for the full article!






Finally, still can't find that perfect stocking stuffer for your favorite horror fan? Here's a fun, creepy, and possible DIY idea: Frozen Charlotte dolls. Not only are they encased in their own reflective coffin, which acts as a jewelry pendant; but their story(ies) of origin is also delightfully macabre. I'm seriously considering making one for myself, as this little toy hails from my favorite historical period--the Victorian Era. To learn more about this spooky little doll, follow the link in the picture.



Keep cozy, my friends; and, as always, STAY SPOOKY! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment